Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
This assessment includes four subtests: Reading Comprehension and Interpretation, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, and Writing. Examinees must pass all four subtests.
Internet-based test (IBT); multiple-choice questions and written assignment
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation: 39 multiple-choice questions
- Mathematics: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Science and Social Studies: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Writing: 1 written assignment
- Reading Comprehension and Interpretation: 75 minutes
- Mathematics: 75 minutes
- Science and Social Studies: 60 minutes
- Writing: 60 minutes
- All 4 subtests: 4 1/2 hours, plus a 15-minute break between subtests 2 and 3
||By appointment, year round, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Available test appointments are shown during the registration process.
||Available at test centers across Missouri. View test center locations.
Passing scores are set by Missouri educator preparation programs; examinees must pass all four subtests.
|Reference Materials Provided for This Test
||$49 for all four subtests, or $25 for a single subtest. Additional fees may apply.
Candidates may only register for the four-subtest option one time.
Review fee and payment information.
||View score report dates.
||When you register, you must agree to abide by all testing rules and policies.
Read them now.
||View the preparation materials available for this test.
Tests may include test questions that are being evaluated for future administrations and that do not affect a candidate's score.
Taking and Passing the MoGEA
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has implemented a testing policy whereby:
- Candidates have one opportunity to register to take all four subtests in one test session.
- Candidates may register to take each subtest independently.