Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
Attention examinees taking MoGEA: A new version of MoGEA will be available beginning August 31, 2015. Registration for the current MoGEA or any of its five subtests will be available through August 27, 2015, for testing appointments until August 29, 2015. Registration for the new MoGEA or any of its four subtests is now available for testing appointments beginning on August 31, 2015. Read more.
This assessment includes five subtests: English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Writing. Examinees must pass all five subtests.
Internet-based test (IBT); multiple-choice questions and written assignment
- English Language Arts: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Mathematics: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Science: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Social Studies: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Writing: 1 written assignment
- One hour for a single subtest
- All 5 subtests: Five hours for all five subtests, plus 15-minute breaks between subtests 2 and 3 and subtests 4 and 5
||Offered through Aug 29, 2015.
By appointment, year round, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Available test appointments are shown during the registration process.
||Available at test centers across Missouri. View test center locations.
Passing scores are set by Missouri educator preparation programs; examinees must pass all five subtests.
|Reference Materials Provided for This Test
||An on-screen 4-function calculator and a formulas page are provided for the Mathematics subtest. Review the formulas page now .
||$49 for all five subtests, or $25 for a single subtest. Additional fees may apply.
Candidates may only register for the five-subtest option one time.
Review fee and payment information.
||View score report dates.
||When you register, you must agree to abide by all testing rules and policies.
Read them now.
||View the preparation materials available for this test.
Tests may include test questions that are being evaluated for future administrations and that do not affect a candidate's score.
Taking and Passing the MoGEA
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has implemented a testing policy whereby:
- Candidates have one opportunity to register to take all five subtests in one test session.
- Candidates may register to take each subtest independently.