Missouri General Education Assessment (MoGEA)
This assessment includes five subtests: English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Writing.
Internet-based test (IBT); multiple-choice questions and written assignment
- English Language Arts: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Mathematics: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Science: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Social Studies: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Writing: 1 written assignment
Five hours for all five subtests;
One hour for a single subtest
||By appointment, year round, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Available test appointments are shown during the registration process.
||Available at test centers across Missouri. View test center locations.
Passing scores are set by Missouri educator preparation programs; examinees must pass all five subtests.
|Reference Materials Provided for This Test
||An on-screen 4-function calculator and a formulas page are provided for the Mathematics subtest. Review the formulas page now .
||$49 for all five subtests, or $25 for a single subtest. Additional fees may apply.
Candidates may only register for the five-subtest option one time.
Review fee and payment information.
||View score report dates.
||When you register, you must agree to abide by all testing rules and policies.
Read them now.
||View the preparation materials available for this test.
Tests may include test questions that are being evaluated for future administrations and that do not affect a candidate's score.
Taking and Passing the MoGEA
The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has implemented a testing policy whereby:
- Candidates have one opportunity to register to take all five subtests in one test session.
- Candidates may register to take each subtest independently.